Parent- Teacher Meetings 2016-17
|07/05/2016||Nursery to V|
VI to XII
|16/07/2016||Nursery to V|
VI to XII
|20/08/2016||Nursery to V|
VI to XII
|03/12/2016||Nursery to V|
VI to XII
|21/01/2017||Nursery to V|
VI to XII
FOR PARENTS / GUARDIANS
The school believes in discipline and in firmness. Slackness,
disobedience and disregard of rules will not be tolerated and any
work or action likely to lower the image of the school is regarded as
a breach of the school discipline.
The School reserves the right to expel students whose diligence or
progress in studies is considered unsatisfactory or whose conduct
is harmful to other students. Immorality, insubordination or contempt
of authority and breaking bounds are always sufficient reasons for
being expelled or rusticated immediately.
1. Parents are urged not to change the phone / mobile number in
a session. If at all there is a change in the address or phone /
mobile number the information should reach the school
immediately through the Principal. All intimations regarding the
change in the student's profile must reach the school office in
the month of January itself.
2. Parents must ensure that the mobile number given for SMS
alerts is functional in order to facilitate communication.
3. Parents must check the school website periodically in order
to remain updated with the school activities.
4. Children, when sick, should not be sent to school to attend
tests / classes.
5. Children must avoid going home during school hours. Parents
are requested to avoid making any social engagements or
medical appointments during school working hours.
6. Leave for 1/2 day should not be asked for security reasons.
On emergency, written permission must be taken from the
Principal and the class teacher and the bus in-charge should
be informed accordingly. Students will be handed over to the
parents only or in case of any difficulty, they may be handed
over to the guardian only after he/she submits an authorisation
letter from the parent.
7. Attention of parents is drawn to the fact that criticism of the
teacher or school in the presence of their children should be
scrupulously avoided because it causes them to lose respect
for their teachers with the consequent failure to learn from
them. It further retards his/her progress.
8. Parents are advised to grant pocket money very judiciously to their
wards. The pocket money should not exceed Rs. 15/- to 20/-.
9. Should there be any legitimate complaint, please meet the
Principal at once or write in a separate letter addressed to
him/her. He/she will look into these matters personally.
10. Any communication made by parents / guardians should be
addressed to the Principal and not to the class teachers and
all correspondence from the school to the parents must be
through the Principal.
11. Parents must keep the Achievement record, if issued in safe
custody. If the record is lost, a replacement will be made on
payment of Rs. 100/-.
12. The name, admission number, class, section and house of
the student should be clearly marked on his/her belongings
such as bags, blazers, jerseys, etc.
13. Parents are requested to co-operate with the school and
ensure that their wards speak in English, as defaulters are
issued yellow cards which may lead to marks deduction in the
14. The School conducts educational trips and tours to nearby
places as well as to places of interest outside the state. These
programmes are necessary for the holistic development of
the child and as per the prescribed norms. Parents are urged
to send their wards as these programmes are part of the project
work. Based on the performances of their ward in such
activities, marks / grades will be awarded and reflected in the
15. Parents are requested to co-operate with the school in its
attempt to help in the progress of their ward(s) by paying
attention to the regularity, punctuality, discipline and by taking
interest in their performance in scholastic as well as coscholastic
activities. They should check the almanac everyday
and note the homework and other instructions in the diary
and acknowledge the same by putting their signature. In case
of small children the parents are advised to check the bag of
their ward(s) to see if any notice / invitation has been issued.
16. Parents must acknowledge the performance of their ward(s)
in the Monday Test and put their signature in the Monday Test
17. Care must be taken of all school property and any damage
caused by a student will be made good by the student
concerned. In addition, a fine will be imposed for the offence.
18. Parents are requested not to give the children valuable articles
like expensive watches, pens, tape recorders, calculators,
cameras, cell phones, CDs, I-phone and jewelry etc. to bring
to school. In case of any loss of valuables or other articles,
the school authorities will try their best to trace these but shall
not undertake any responsibility for the loss.
19. All Students are expected to join the school on the notified
date at the beginning of the school term. A fine of Rs. 30/- is
imposed for absence on the reopening date, unless the
Principal is informed before the beginning of the term and
she is satisfied about the reason. Students will not leave
before the end of the term which officially ends after the flag
assembly on the last day. Parents and guardians will
appreciate that absence during term is not in the best interest
of the student. They are asked not to apply for leave if it can
possibly be avoided. Leave may be granted to a student only
on the following grounds :-
a) In case of serious illness or death of a very near relative.
b) For the condolence visits if the student is the only male
member of the family and his presence is essential
according to the custom.
c) To attend the marriage of his/her own brother, sister or
brother/sister of either parent.
d) To perform the tika ceremony of his sister if he is the
eldest brother in the family.
20. The students should be recognised not only by their school
uniform but also by their good conduct and behaviour as
students of Delhi Public School.
21. The School cannot be held responsible for accidents minor or
serious, on account of student's indiscipline or disobedience
during school hours, excursion and while travelling by school
22. Parents / Guardians are not allowed to enter the bus. In case
of any problem / complaint they are required to report the same
to the school authorities in the school office.